Monday, July 13, 2020

PLOG 53: 1/100

My PLOG continues during this time of pandemic and protests...

This morning I woke up and decided to use the Texas website for Gov. Abbott to send him an email, begging him to not allow the schools to reopen for in-person learning.


I felt better after doing something, even if my voice is only one in a huge storm of voices. Then I watched the news while reading and doing things online. They have been talking about teachers; I mean majorly focusing quality news time on reopening the schools and the variables involved for students and staff. Thank you CNN! Thank you media! 

Unfortunately, I found out that in Arizona there was a situation with 3 teachers teaching summer school in one classroom and all of them getting infected; one of them died from the virus. Sigh. Just like that; I mean, it's that easy for it to happen. It just makes your heart heart.



Meanwhile Trump's people continue to attack Dr. Fauci, who is well-known as the leading expert on our situation. They don't want us to know the truth. They don't want us to know the facts, the medical science. It's horrible, but at this point, not unexpected. 



Did you know that at this point, we are statistically at a rate of 1 out of every 100 US citizens being infected? That's insane. We are at the point where each infected person is basically infecting 2 more people. That means the virus is really out of control. The infection rate needs to get back down to less than 1 person if there is any hope of slowing down this situation again.

Thinking back, it's possible I got coronavirus and didn't even know it. I remember being sick back in the January-February time frame before we Americans realized what was going on with the coronavirus. I doubt it though.

Well, it's time for stress-management. I've got to relax more.

Be safe out there (and I'll be safe at home)!

No comments:

Post a Comment