Sunday, July 12, 2020

PLOG 52: 135,000

My PLOG continues during this time of pandemic and protests...

The US is at over 135,000 dead from the coronavirus. I don't feel like making a PLOG entry today, but I will write at least a little bit.

In protest news, Texas teachers are organizing to march on the state capitol in Austin, Texas. That sounds really exciting and I wish I could join them, but I am going to have to stay safe at home. I wish them luck though. 

Why are they protesting? Because Trump and Abbott continues to publicly insist that we open schools on time, despite the fact that it is unsafe. I found some interesting responses online.




The fact is, I am really frustrated and tired of this situation. I am clinging to a little bit of hope that our political leaders get their act together and order us to move to online school again, but with each passing day that they don't do it, my hope is dwindling even more.

How many people have to die for change to happen? Clearly, the answer is more than 135,000 in the US.

Be safe out there (and I'll be safe at home)!

No comments:

Post a Comment