Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Logs 416-421: D&D Farm Heroes

Logs 416-421: D&D Farm Heroes
When I looked back through my old planner, I noticed that there were times when I was running my RPG Saga super hero games that NH was unavailable and couldn't join us. Apparently when that happened, I would sometimes run a side D&D game.

I don't remember much from that campaign other than CW played a human ranger, AJ played a halfling or dwarf wizard named Aidan, and they were joined by characters played by LV, MW, JFP, and MR. These were actually my first D&D sessions to DM and I remember being nervous, even though I had run many super hero and Star Wars sessions at that point. D&D made me nervous because I didn't have all of the rules memorized and I knew some of the players might argue with me about the rules and such so they were simple monster-fighting sessions.


Fighting Farmers
The first session started with CW's farmer ranger defending his barn from an army of orcs. Since he was outnumbered, he had to rely on clever battle tactics; using ranged attacks, setting traps, and keeping himself up high above the enemies so he could pick them off one by one while they tried to get to him. After that, I wish I could say I focused more on story but it was mostly me figuring out how the D&D monsters worked and letting the players use standard D&D mechanics for their characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment