Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Book Review: The Spoils of War by Alan Dean Foster

Book Review!

Alan Dean Foster's Trilogy of the Damned greatly inspired my science-fiction superhero RPG saga. Today I want to look at book two in the series: The Spoils of War...


Book Review: The Spoils of War by Alan Dean Foster...
Again, Alan Dean Foster introduced new characters to the series. But getting to know the new characters was well worth it in this read. In the huge war between the Amplitur and the Weave, it looked like the human-allied Weave was finally going to win. But what did that mean for humanity? The birdfolk alien Lalelelang had realized that human aggression could cause the humans to turn against the rest of the Weave. The exploration of this topic fascinated me because, when you look at Earth's true history, it does seem like we humans can't stay at peace.

I enjoyed the book so much that I rate it back at 8 out of 10 like the first book in the trilogy. I highly recommend this series for fans of philosophical science-fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment