Saturday, January 14, 2017

A Super RPG System Idea

An Idea
After typing up all the logs from my old superhero games, it got me thinking about the fact that I no longer play with the Rifts-based Heroes Unlimited rules system. Instead, I am a huge fan of the new Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition (5E). I also like Vampire the Masquerade system’s use of experience points to buy new elements (skill points, stat points, abilities, etc.). I think my ideal RPG system might somehow combine all three of the major systems that I like.

My life keeps me too busy to work on this project, but I want to put a challenge on there. Someone should make a system that, at its core, mostly resembled D&D 5E but also includes super powers/abilities/mutations/bionics and allows for leveling options like the Vampire XP-purchasing system. It would require someone to untangle all of the class abilities in D&D 5E and assign values to them. The person would also have to create superhero abilities to mesh with D&D 5E and assign values to them. Then a purchasing system based on XP or something would need to incorporate the values in a “balanced” way.

Impossible task? Perhaps. But that’s my thoughts for today as I prepare to transition to discussing other old RPG games that I have played.

Peace.

P.S. Here’s a look at the druid character I currently play in a campaign, transformed into a bear while fighting a hydra. Someday I hope to give you the log report from this session.

No comments:

Post a Comment