Sunday, April 30, 2017

Thoughts: C Team Ep 7

Acquisitions Incorporated
Homebrew: C Team
Season 1: Episode 7
With Patrick Rothfuss gone, I feared the show might slip back into a lull, but I found myself pleasantly surprised when I watched and found that the players and DM seemed to have really found their groove and slipped into some fun roleplaying.


The new story arc picked up steam when the group was hired to go act as guards for a group of vampires. What was funny was that the audience watching the livestream had the option to vote on whether the "vampires" were really vampires or just LARPers pretending to be vampires; they ran out of time and thus the reveal should happen during next week's show.

I got to wondering about which character was my favorite. In the first episode, I only knew the drow K'thriss Drow'b and thus cared most about his character. Next up, I liked Rosie Beestinger the most because the player had a lot of fun bringing the halfling grandma concept to life. Recently though, I think I feel the most for the druid Walnut Dankgrass. The dragonborn Donaar Blit'zen is starting to also grow on me, but his character has been a bit of a royal snob and thus it's not easy to identify with him. Overall, Rosie has probably been my favorite but Walnut is coming in as a close second.

I think DM Jerry Holkins does his best when he doesn't reference his Acquisitions Incorporated character Omin Dran. I actually kind of wish they were just RPGing in the Forgotten Realms without any direct link to AI at this point, but I think they have done a nice job of becoming their own group at this point. I also like the mystery that the stars are aligned differently and thus they may be in an alternate reality (so that their storyline won't risk clashing with the main shows run by Chris Perkins at live events).


Table Talk
Jerry Holkins told the group that there was a secret vote that took place while they were playing. Oops. I don't think that's good DM strategy because obviously the players could see the stream or info about it on social media during the next week and it could ruin the surprise. But oh well. I suppose in the format they play, with the public sessions going on a weekly basis, those types of situations are unavoidable (unless they just don't do them).

I'm looking forward to next week's episode since the group stopped at a cliffhanger of a band saying they were going to play a song about Acquisitions Incorporated. I guess the DM has a week to get ready to sing for all of us... oh gosh, I hate waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment