Sunday, April 30, 2017

Thoughts: C Team Ep 5

Acquisitions Incorporated!
C Team
When I previously wrote about the AI C Team playing D&D 5E, they had aired 4 episodes. Each Thursday they come out with another one and I decided to actively watch them each week as these episodes come out. They also started doing a 20-30 minute "Table Talk" after the 2.5 hour gaming sessions (starting with Episode 3).


Episodes 4 and 5 were a 2-part arc called "Dungeons and Wagons," which was much better than the first 3 episodes. The characters were involved in a wagon-oriented storyline; I could empathize with this situation because I usually play characters who want to establish a group wagon with horses or donkeys to help carry the group's equipment and transport them from place to place. Unfortunately, there were still some awkward moments; I could especially see some unpleasant facial expressions on the part of Falcone, who plays the druid character.

Even though the story improved, I worried that the series might be faltering. It didn't feel as funny as I expected the series to be.


I enjoy the "Table Talk" segments because we get to hear the players comment on what they liked about each gaming session. This gives them even more of a chance to laugh with each other. I think it also helps to explain why the characters make the decisions they do. Jerry Holkins, the DM, has started to come across better in the segments.

The good news is that I've already watched the next 2 episodes and they are amazing. Check out my thoughts about them in my next 2 blog posts...

No comments:

Post a Comment