Sunday, April 30, 2017

Inspiration: More Minecraft

More Mining! More Crafting!
Have I ever mentioned that the infamous Wizards of the Coast employee and expert Dungeon Master Chris Perkins worked in some Minecraft references to the free to download module Mines of Madness? It's one of my favorite adventures. I had a blast DMing it and watching when he ran it for the Acquisitions Incorporated team went through the module. You can download it for free at the DMsGuild website. He had a portal with monsters that resembled the creeper and such from Minecraft. He also had the dwarves using pickaxes like in Minecraft. It was nice the way the references was sprinkled throughout.
My Favorite Seed?
In anticipation of Minecraft version 1.12 releasing, I have been playing a game in version 1.11 and using the seed: -106396336

It spawns you near the X=0, Z=0 spot - which I always appreciate because I like making a "zero base" which serves as "Spawn City" or "Central City." A nice-size village is at the spawn area, in a plains biome with jungle, swamp, mesa/desert all within eyesight. An extreme hills area is pretty close by as well. It's got a ton of horses, cows, sheeps, chickens, and pigs all available in the vicinity as well as the major plants for farming. The nearby Mesa has an exposed pregenerated mine with a cave spider spawner. One of the Mesa caves has a spider spawner at Y=77. I just hope the new update keeps the seed mostly the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment