Friday, February 1, 2019

State of the Blog: 2019

I suddenly realized I hadn’t updated the blog since July. Oops. It’s ironic because I had been reading a lot of books last year and thought I would end up doing a bunch of book review write ups on the blog during the summer – but that didn’t happen. What actually happened was that people got busy and less in person roleplaying happened.


With the lack of actual tabletop gaming in my life, I sought out online RPGs. I spent much of the summer playing online D&D via Adventurer’s League with Discord servers for voice chat and Roll20.net for the in-game mechanics. I had a ton of fun with that, but my fun was intruded upon when the official Adventurer’s League admins decided to change up the rules for the new season. At that point, my ability to accept the immersion-breaking mechanics of league play were pushed too far and I stopped.

Luckily, some of the regular gaming picked back up. I’m also reconsidering participating in Adventurer’s League because I miss the people and the fun of the community. I should have been updating this blog and documenting my experiences with all of that, but there’s no time like the present, eh? For now, that means “blog” can stand for “back-log” of entries; expect more reviews along with continuing stories about my gaming experiences.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment