Tuesday, February 12, 2019

AL PC: Thoxina

Season 7 Play: Attained Level 4 (???)

The “Legacy Character” trend continues with Thoxina, the daughter of Thokson, granddaughter of Thok. For this character, I am torn with what to make of her leveling experience. In some ways the AL rule allowing players to rebuild characters at levels 1-4 is bad because it makes me second guess my characters. Thoxina started as a war cleric, then she was a wizard multiclass, only to then convert to full out tempest cleric. And now I don’t know what to do with her. I’m trying to balance out my characters (class-wise so that I am playing every class) and I already have too many clerics. I was thinking maybe arcane trickster rogue. I don’t know for sure, but I will need to decide before she levels to 5.

Appearance & Backstory
Thoxina is a fire genasi tempest cleric wearing splint armor with a shield, a warhammer, and a longbow. She is the secret daughter of Princess Amira Kessara (from the City of Brass) and the half-orc adventurer Thokson. She was raised by Thokson's mother in the Feywild, in a "time warp" patch where time went by much faster than outside in the rest of the multiverse. Absurdly, that means she and her twin brother are now almost the same age as their father. After spending time searching for spiritual enlightenment, she went out into the world to adventure and try to find her father.

Adventures
DDAL05-2 The Black Road
This session was deadly because only three players showed up, but we managed to survive.

DDEP07-02 Drums of the Dead
The epics are always fun, but I had only played them at Tier 2. I was curious what the Tier 1 experience would be like and I was not let down. It was a challenge, but we got a success in the end.

DDAL05-12 Bad Business in Parnast

Having DM’d this module over and over, and having played in it as well, I decided I would just have Thoxina kind of stand back and respond to things; I didn’t want to meta-game the mysteries and twists of the module. It worked out well and was an easy success for the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment