Tuesday, September 1, 2020

PLOG 78: 185,000 Deaths

 My PLOG continues to continue...

The US has been at over 6 million total cases of coronavirus for several days now. Either today or tomorrow, according to the official numbers used by CNN, we will be at over 185,000 deaths.

Meanwhile politics continues its absurdity with lies and propaganda during the build up to the US Presidential elections.

Also school reopening with both in-person and online learning reaches new levels of denial with the pandemic. More and more schools and universities are reporting more and more infections every day. As a teacher I remain shocked by what we are being asked to do this year. I can only hope that things get better. I don't want to lose any of my colleagues or students to the virus and the crazy practices that our society seems willing to accept right now. At least wearing masks is helping (see below).


I haven't been able to lose myself in my hobbies lately. I haven't played D&D in a long time. Sorry to long-term readers of the blog; I know the blog used to be all about RPG with game session logs and now it's transformed into a pandemic personal log. I haven't been escaping into computer games either. My work duties are taking up so much of my time, I haven't been able to finish my recently started Lego builds. Though now that I'm typing this out, I'm feeling more determination to get back to building. Sigh.

Be careful out there. I'll be as safe as I can, having to venture back out into the world.

UPDATE: CNN reports that Russia claims to have a vaccine and is asking teachers to take it. Sigh.



No comments:

Post a Comment