Tuesday, June 30, 2020

PLOG 40: Happy Day!

My Personal Log (PLOG) continues during this time of pandemic and protests...

I started this PLOG series on May 22, thinking that I would mostly discuss cooking and video games. Today marks my 40th PLOG entry! WOOT! WOOOOO! What an accomplishment!


I want to thank everyone for your support, especially my family and close friends. Through this dark and difficult time, I have found that I enjoy writing my daily blogs. It's a good psychological release, if nothing else. This place allows me to freely express my thoughts and feelings about the world.

What a crazy 40 days it has been. Yesterday, CNN flashed a comparison map on the screen.


Clearly the world, and especially the US, has a serious issue to get under control. I've been very lucky that the people I care about most in the world have not fallen victim to the deadly and dangerous coronavirus. One of my co-workers did get the coronavirus, but she recovered an seems to be ok now. We just have to hope that we continue to be this fortunate.


Meanwhile, the push to try to get students back into school continues. Dr. Fauci is on TV today with the other governmental heads of the medical field, answering questions for congress; he is saying we need to get students back into schools ASAP. This comes on the heels of an NPR article also insisting we need to get students back to school. I hope people understand that this situation comes with the caveat that we need to do what is best for the health of the children and the teenagers by not rushing into situations that the schools are not prepared for locally.

Did you see the jump in the deaths? By the end of today, it'll probably be at 130,000. That was fast. I hope the hospitals aren't getting overwhelmed. I know the news from Houston and Dallas was that the ICU beds were getting to full capacity at the hospitals. 

It's so bizarre that this is our new normal. Senator Elizabeth Warren questioned Dr. Fauci as well and he admitted that if we don't get this under control, he won't be surprised if we end up getting over 100,000 new cases a day. He specifically used the term "very disturbing" referring to the death numbers. Sigh.

Wow. The big 4-0. Here we are. After everything. There's plenty I could complain about, but I think there are also plenty of reasons to be happy. In the larger scale of the world, there's little that I can control. But I can control me. I can control my attitude. I'm going to just sit back and relax today. Probably enjoy my cookie cake, order some pizza, play some Minecraft, talk with friends and family via technology, and hang out with the cats.

Be safe out there (and I'll be safe at home)!

No comments:

Post a Comment