Monday, June 1, 2020

PLOG 11: Arrests

My Personal Log (PLOG) continues as we are in a pandemic and dealing with protests...

Last night made me feel hopeful that the violence and chaos in our major cities could soon end.


While other cities were still dealing with looters and fires, Dallas seemed to have things locked down.


I'm so proud that here locally the authorities enforced the new curfew by dispersing crowds and arresting the people who refused to leave. We can only handle so much violence in society. Unfortunately, this also means the peaceful protesters were shut down, but that's necessary. I'm fine with the compromise that people can protest peacefully until curfew and then everyone needs to go home to make sure violence doesn't erupt again.

CNN is reporting that at least 4,000 people were arrested during protests across the US last night. Hopefully communities are healing today. Maybe tonight will be peaceful again and we can get back to... well, not normal, but the pandemic normal - which will at least not be violent.

Hopefully...
I can get back to experimenting with cooking.
I can get back to reading and writing.
I can get back to watching entertainment TV instead of constantly watching the news.
I can get back to playing video games.

Be safe out there!

UPDATE:
I was wrong. My hope is just dying at this point. I was looking at Yahoo news and it linked to this violence, already breaking out today in the afternoon:


Sigh. Violent people just took over police cars, rammed them into each other, vandalized them, stole what was inside, and - it looks like, were trying to set them on fire. The violence isn't over. It's so sad, what's happening in our nation right now. If the police can't defend themselves, then they can't defend the rest of us. And that's super scary.

Stay home. Stay safe. Defend yourself if you have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment