Saturday, December 28, 2019

AL PC: Jermanthor

AL PC: Jermanthor


My first Season 9 character is Jermanthor of Cormanthor (the name works on so many levels, as references to me as Jer, to Thor the god of lightning, and to the elven forest of Cormanthor), the half-elf tempest cleric. I had the character take a level of wizard since there were so many great spellbooks rewarded in the beginning of the Season 9 hardcover Descent into Avernus and the party had no wizard. 


This is my current Saturday character in the Daddywarbux campaign (about to level up to level 7). In a lot of ways, I feel like I am simply treading familiar ground by playing a multiclass cleric-wizard (since that is my main type of character these days), but I spiced things up by making him worship Umberlee. I had no idea that would get such a negative reaction from the other player characters. LOL.

As a sidenote, Season 9 for AL is written to give advantages to playing either an aasimar or a tiefling, but I really wanted to play a half-elf again so I went with my gut rather than with the mechanically-advantageous option. Now that two-thirds of the party is flying around with wings, I will admit I am a little bit envious but I love this character so I'm not that worried about it. Surely, before Season 9 ends, I will make an aasimar name Jer-something (Jerangelus - no, no, that's a little too on the nose)...

No comments:

Post a Comment