Monday, March 18, 2019

AL PC: Jerboa

Jerboa Stoutfoot the halfling barbarian


If you look up “jerboa” you will see that it is basically a kangaroo rat. What a neat word. I decided it would be a great name for a halfling barbarian, especially if I eventually get him some boots of striding and springing. For his backstory, I decided he was from a noble halfling family connected to the Emerald Enclave. He went off as an ambassador to the barbarians of the North, only to end up loving the barbarian’s life and training with them.

Jerboa is my first real Season 8 character. It’s been frustrating not having treasure or magic items, but as a barbarian that hasn’t been a big deal.

DDAL05-1 Treasures of the Broken Hoard: I ended up playing this module two weeks in a row, continuing on. What’s funny is that it’s technically five one-hour quests. We spent four hours doing the first two quests and another four hours to finish it up. Despite it being eight hours of play, the rewards were limited by the hour-time limit of the quests.

DDAL05-2 The Black Road: I always enjoy this module. Our team pushed through without any serious issues.

DDEX1-3 - Shadows Over The Moonsea: This was the wrong adventure to bring a barbarian into; most of the module is investigating, finding clues, and talking to NPCs. I felt like Jerboa was a bit useless until the final battle. It was still fun, but I mostly let the other characters do things since Jerboa really is just setup to smash things.

Still Tier 1, still without any magic items, I am hoping to play this character again soon…

No comments:

Post a Comment