Monday, October 19, 2020

PLOG 85: 220,000 Deaths

 My PLOG limps along, but survives...

Sadly it looks like we are at about 220,000 US deaths from the Coronavirus, though there have been various articles/studies that suggest the numbers are much higher. I missed out on making a post about us hitting 215,000 US deaths; I just got lost in the busy-ness of things.

https://www.bu.edu/articles/2020/analysis-finds-true-pandemic-death-toll-is-much-higher-than-200000-in-us/

Going to work each day, worried about the pandemic and potentially getting infected just sucks. I enjoy talking to my co-workers, my academic and intellectual colleagues, but it feels different to be concerned about getting sick every time someone approaches.

When I home I've been reading and writing so much, I've just kind of lost track of time. I did clean up the place and rearranged the furniture, putting it back similarly to how it was before the pandemic struck. I teared up, thinking of the past and how we used to have people over every week for RPG sessions throwing dice and enjoying D&D.

I have hopes that eventually things will go back to some semblance of how they were before, but I'm not in denial that we're still in this thing.

Take care out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment